2 Samuel 24:9-25
A. We all must face the giant of the bad decisions in life we regret making (vss. 9-12).
B. The greater the spiritual responsibility we bear the wider the impact of our foolish choices (vs. 13).
C. God must sometimes discipline us severely to train us to make a different decision next time (vss. 14-17).
D. Thankfully we serve a God who has decreed mercy triumphs over judgment (vss. 18-19).
E. Often God sends us a kind and gracious servant who believes in us again (vss. 20-23).
F. True repentance over bad decisions is demonstrated by our return to true worship (vs. 24).
G. Only the Lord God can take our worst decisions and turn them into an everlasting blessing (vs. 25).
Steps to Leave our Regrets Behind:
- Acknowledge the bad decision as bad.
- Identify the core spiritual issues that led to it.
- Seek the forgiveness of God and those you hurt.
- Take full responsibility and make no excuses.
- Resolve to make a different decision next time.
- Learn from your regret then leave it behind.
- Look for the grace of God and Cross of Christ to make your mess your message
“Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10